Cheese Quesadillas are a fast and easy appetizer that can be dressed up with so many different ingredients. I’m giving you our basic recipe, but feel free to add all kinds of other foods to the center for your own personal twist!
By the way, this is also great for satisfying those late-night munchies.
- 1 pat of butter
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheese (or 1-2 cheese slices)
- 2-3 Tbl. salsa
- optional: 1-2 tsp. hot sauce/sauteed veggies/thinly sliced avocado/whatever else you might want to try!
- Melt butter in a skillet (skillet needs to be at least slightly larger than your tortillas) set over medium high heat; coating the bottom of the skillet with the melted butter.
- Add 1 flour tortilla to the skillet. Top with cheese, spreading the shreds around evenly.
- Drop small amounts of salsa in different areas over the cheese – about a 1/2 tsp. or so at a time. Add whatever other items you want now too.
- Top with second tortilla.
- Once the bottom tortilla is browned and cheese has slightly melted (usually just a couple minutes or so), flip the tortilla over. Spin the tortilla a bit to make sure second side has some butter on it. Brown on the second side.
- Once the second side has finished browning, pull out of the skillet and use a pizza cutter to cut into wedges. Serve immediately.