Huzzah Valley Resort Blog Candy

***Contest now closed.  Find the winner here.***

FloatTrip

The summer heat is still in full force, but I’ve noticed back-to-school gear creeping into the grocery stores around the area.  Are you looking to get away for a little while before classes start up again?  If so, then I’m here to help!  Today I’m offering some blog candy – a $30 gift certificate to Huzzah Valley Resort’s many activities (must be used by the end of 2012).

To be eligible to win, just visit the Huzzah Valley Resort website, then come back to this post and leave a comment telling me what activity at Huzzah you most want to do.  You have until midnight on Saturday August 4, 2012 to leave your comment.  I’ll announce the winner on Sunday morning in a new blog post.  Good luck!

14 Comments

1. Jean Berhorst
    Posted August 1, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

Float of course!

2. Posted August 1, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

After a long and ancious trip to the Oregon west coast at the end of July and then the upcoming long trip back to Missouri that I will be taking in early September, a relaxing float in a canoe or raft will be just the thing if there is any water left in the rivers when I get back home. And of course some wine from Peaceful Bend along with some great cheese will need to be consumed after the float! Cheers, Bridget

3. Christie Williams
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 9:59 am | Permalink

Nothing beats sharing a float trip with the Grapes of Raft!

4. Denise L
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 10:10 am | Permalink

We’d love to take our little Henry on his first canoe (or maybe raft) trip! And is first trip to PB as well :)

5. Lissa Schwieger
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 10:23 am | Permalink

floating down the river with doe Grapes of Raft would be a great way to spend a girls weekend out….. when it gets a little cooler of course!!!!

6. Tammy Kohler
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Just getting away from the hussle of everyday life and watching others float on by and sharing my fav Peaceful Bend wines!!! Even though it’s 104 right now, a campfire with smores, some port/dessert/sweet wine, sounds heavenly!!

7. Kimberlie
    Posted August 4, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Floatin!!!! I cannot wait to get butt in a dang raft and go floatin!!! It’s been six years and I can’t take it anymore, all my freinds go on camping and floating trips…but not me! Camping would be great too, tent, cabin, whatever would be better than nothing! Floating is DEFINITLY the most fun thing to do handsdown!

8. Susan Bunch
    Posted August 4, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Kayaking on the crystal clear waters!!

9. Lynette Redenbeaux
    Posted August 4, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

We would love to take a float when camping at Huzzah. They keep this site so nice and pristine. We love the rivers there and cant wait to come back next month with friends. And we already have a stop scheduled for Peaceful Bend. They have never been there and we want to show them around the place that we love so much!!

10. christine Marty
    Posted August 4, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

I would love to take my boys on a float trip this year! This would be Jacob’s first…he would love it!

11. Ann
    Posted August 4, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

Great websites (both yours & Huzzah’s). I’d really just enjoy some River play – swimming & floating! Also, camping when the weather cools down. Steeleville is such an easy, close drive from STL & we’ve recently discovered some great places there this past year, including Peaceful Bend. See you soon! :)

12. Jo Ann
    Posted August 4, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Permalink

Floating the beautiful river with family and friends is just the best. The beauty of the Missouri stream is breath-taking. All perfect for a relaxing stress free day. Sharing a bottle of Huzzah Valley wine rounds out the day

13. Posted September 7, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Please let us know who won! Thanks!

14. Katie
    Posted September 7, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

The winner was announced in this post: http://peacefulbend.com/2012/08/05/blog-candy-winner-3/