Fall Color

2012fallcolor
The autumn colors have started in force this past weekend.  It’s just gorgeous around here, and I had a chance to pull out my camera on Sunday morning for a few shots of the foliage. Here’s a little selection of what I saw.
2012fallcolor1
2012fallcolor4
2012fallcolor2

2012fallcolor3

How does fall look in your neck of the woods? I hope you can come by to enjoy a glass of wine while we are still colorful here at Peaceful Bend. Cheers!

This entry was posted in Peaceful Scenery. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

6 Comments

1. Posted October 16, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

I was just telling Scott that this is the first time since we have lived here (this is our third fall) that our trees were really pretty changing color. The last two years it seems that they went from green straight to brown. We have some beautiful color in our trees as well. And driving over to Steelville this weekend was just a delight. Beautiful pics too!

2. Katie
    Posted October 16, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

And isn’t it funny that everyone thought with the drought this summer that our colors would be awful? Mother nature has the last laugh this year – forunately we get to enjoy her joke! :) Thanks so much for the compliment too!

3. Sherrill
    Posted October 16, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Nice photos. Reckon they are better than the ones I got the week before!

4. Katie
    Posted October 17, 2012 at 7:36 am | Permalink

Thank you. The colors really hadn’t come out when you were here unfortunately. :( This past weekend they really started putting on a show.

5. Deborah Lee
    Posted October 17, 2012 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Our falls in Florida, of course, are quite different. It is still hot and humid here this year, and just starting to cool off in the evenings. We have a tree that blooms in September with yellow flowers called a Golden Rain or Chinese flame tree. In October the seed pods which look like Chinese lanterns turn a rusty pink color which always reminds me of the fall colors in the northern climes. Fall is my favorite season, and I always miss Vermont this time of year.

6. Katie
    Posted October 17, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

I definitely miss the northeast for lots of color. This is one of the best years I’ve seen here in Missouri, but it still doesn’t rival the bright colors in Vermont!

• Other Pages