So I originally called this ‘citrus corn and bean salad’, but Clyde felt that the name was too boring. He felt it should be named Missouri Caviar. What do YOU think it should be called?
- 2 cans corn kernels, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 limes
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Penzy’s Chili 9000 or other chili seasoning
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 7 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice the limes and lemon into a small jar. Add the garlic, salt, chili seasoning, and olive oil. Cover and shake the jar to blend.
- In a bowl, mix together the corn, beans, bell pepper, and cliantro. Pour dressing over and mix well.
This is just fine on its own as a side salad, or serve it with tortilla chips to make it a healthy dip. I paired it with our Harvest Mist but I also think the Courtois would have been a tasty pairing too.
So which name do you think I should use for this salad? Cheers!